The Septic Doctor Video Inspection Steps
Call (902) 222-7788 or (902) 830-1414 to schedule your next inspection!
Short notice and emergency inspections are always available, and we book on weekends!
1) If tank location is unknown, access basement clean-out. If clean-out is hidden behind drywall, remove a toilet for camera access. Video is recorded of outlet pipe to tank at same time checking for sags, cracks or blockages.
2) Use camera locator and identify tank location to dig-up septic tank lids.
3) Remove lid, a video of the line leading to septic field and field itself is recorded.
4) At Tee, or centre of field, camera continues to record while fluorescent dye is added to the outlet pipe and a garden hose is inserted into the outlet, flushing dye into the entire system for 20 minutes. Water levels are monitored and observed for appropriate and sufficient drainage, as well as distribution within the septic system.
5) A visual inspection of the field is completed, looking at the downslope and surface for leakage of the effluent fluids or fluorescent dye.
6) The field pipe is flagged or spray painted (if possible) for identification of it's location for the new property owners.
7) The tank is covered, and the sods are replaced. Quite often, the tanks are left accessible for septic pump-out prior to closing sale.
8) Videos (both house to tank and tank to field) are sent via email along with a 2 page written report to both buyer and representing agent.